The baby boomer generation is retiring at a record pace and business owners are looking for succession planning options that can help them transition their business to new ownership. Employee Stock Ownership Plans (ESOPs) represent a compelling succession planning alternative.
On May 21 from 12:00-2:00 p.m. EDT, Katz, Sapper & Miller’s Andy Manchir, director in the firm’s Valuation and ESOP Services Groups and Barnes & Thornburg’s Mike Paton, partner, will discuss the steps taken in an ESOP formation using a real-world example from a recent transaction.
Using a case study from a recent ESOP transaction, this webinar will cover:
- What is an ESOP?
- Why and when an ESOP makes sense
- Benefits of an ESOP over other exit and succession planning options
- How to create, fund, and operate an ESOP
- The mechanics of an ESOP transaction
- The tax benefits of an ESOP
Learn more about this unique succession planning option and register today.